Music lovers, we made it to 2020! It’s time for the biggest music trade show event of the year: The NAMM Show, held at the Anaheim Convention Center January 16-19.
“This is the one event where I make the most new friends, every year.” – Phil G, VisionQuest Sound
More than 115,000 music professionals from 130 countries will come to Los Angeles for the 4-day mega event featuring the nation’s top education sessions, artist performances, new innovative music and pro audio products, and more. Here’s our top 5 tips on how to have your best NAMM Show experience.
- Connect with people. Bring your business cards, a gleaming smile, and lots of energy. Ask your friends to introduce you to their friends, and repeat. We’re all artists: creative and technical. This is our community. Make friends for life, have lunch together, share stories. This will bring value to your relationships. Check out the events.
- Take a workshop. Want to improve your artistry, strengthen your brand awareness, sharpen your business skills, get better at social media? NAMM has the ultimate atmosphere for this. Bring your notebook, pens, and some extra business cards. Check out the sessions.
- Test drive new gear. Bring your cameras for this one. What if you could visit the biggest music store in the world and test drive all the new and crazy toys? Dreams do come true in California. The top music instrument and pro audio companies all over the world will show off their new innovative products. Guitars, keyboards, percussion, orchestral, world, to pro audio, accessories, and more. Check out the exhibitor directory.
- Experience the best live music. Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and your dancing shoes. I can’t think of a better place to experience to live sound and music. There’s a schedule of world class performing acts however, there’s also a potluck of celebrities who always show up. So be prepared, you never know who you’ll run into. The show provides incredible sound/video technology along with a fantastic A/V crew. Check out the performance schedule.
- Watch the awards. Get inspired. We’ve been waiting all year for this one. Get ready for some high energy. The TEC Awards recognizes the individuals, companies and technical innovations behind the sound of recordings, live shows, TV/Film, video games and multi-media. Here’s a few name drops: Joni Mitchell, Dave Pensado Learn more.
- Bonus: Who’s hungry? Bring your appetite and some extra cash. No show would be complete without gourmet grub for musicians. The food department always delivers! NAMM brings the best food trucks to the show. Who’s hungry?
Article by Philip Garcia of VisionQuest Sound. VisionQuest Sound helps artists and brands share their stories and music to the world.
Leolani Kumu Ukulele featuring Ellery Music @ the NAMM Show
Our NAMM Booth Playlist from last year
Eva Gardner and Arnetta Johnson @ the NAMM Show
You might also like: What to eat at NAMM, NAMM brings people together!